- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Symposiums
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
Big Data for Intelligence Symposium
Leveraging Analytics to Drive Intelligence
The Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
DSI’s Big Data for Intelligence Symposium is designed as an educational and training “Town Hall” forum, where thought leaders and key policy-makers across military and civilian organizations can come together for actionable discussions and debate. The symposium will focus on data analysis to support time-sensitive decision-making.
2015 Speakers Include:
Catherine Johnston, Director for IC ITE and Digital Transformation, DIA
Doug McGovern, CIO and Director of IT Services, NGA________________________________________________________________
Jeffrey Eggers, Chief Technology Officer, DCS ISR, HQAF
Jennifer Edgin, Chief Technology Officer, HQMC Intelligence Department
COL Bobby Saxon, USA, Division Chief and Program Director, HQDA G-3/5/7
Lynwood Bishop, CEO, MapLarge
Mark Krzysko, Deputy Director, Enterprise Information, OUSD (AT&L)
Mike Bender, Director, Laboratory of Analytic Sciences, North Carolina State University
Dr. Brand Niemann, Founder and Co-Organizer, Big Data Federal Working Group
Why Should you Attend the 2015 Symposium:
- Intelligence Analysts are struggling to keep up with the exponential increase of raw intelligence data produced by rapid advances in data collection. The growth of intelligence data is significant, but the challenge now is to develop processes and analytic solutions that can harness the tremendous power of big data.
- Intelligence organizations across government have an opportunity to exploit large data sets in order to produce actionable intelligence. The technology to visualize and exploit large, unstructured data sets provides the IC with a unique opportunity to dramatically improve their effectiveness and efficiency.
- The Intelligence Community and its partners must build the capacity to harness this information being generated at an alarming rate. Utilizing advanced analytics and increased computing power, big data can provide a powerful intelligence advantage for the Community.
- DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Summits’ content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from operational leaders, intelligence providers, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from Industry and Academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Opportunities:
The Big Data for Intelligence Symposium provides opportunities in exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, to networking receptions.
New Topics for 2015 Include:
*Utilizing the Influx of Big Data to Enhance All-Source Intelligence Analysis
*Big Data and the Need for Information Environments
*Empowering Geospatial Intelligence Production with Big Data Analytics
*Standardizing Big Data for the IC through Cloud Based Services
*Military Service Priorities for Utilizing Big Data in Support of an Enhanced Intelligence Enterprise
*Innovative Analytics Efforts to Gain Actionable Intelligence from Big Data
*Creating New Technology to Enhance Analytic Efficiency and Apply Data Science Methods
At our Symposium you will have the ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing special operations forces today.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest technologies related to Big Data.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are given the opportunity to address our speaker faculty with their questions or comments and will receive a pre-Symposium questionnaire for precise questions and subject matters you would like our speakers to address.
Operating Guidance For Government Attendees:
DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
DSI’s Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
(Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
DSI strives to provide the most up to date, mission relevant, topics and discussion points for our meetings. In order to assure that we are providing the best subject content possible, our Advisory Board Members have volunteered to share their respective insight and expertise with us. We are truly grateful to have their support and guidance as we strive to continually create truly effective meetings and events for all. Learn more about our Advisory Board Members.