- SPONSOR / EXHIBIT
- Past Symposiums
- Contact Us
- DSI Home
October 30-31, 2019 | Mary M. Gates Learning Center, Alexandria, VA
The 7th Annual Big Data for Intelligence Symposium will provide members of the Intelligence Community and the Department of Defense a forum to have an open discussion about the challenges and opportunities of turning vast amounts of raw data into actionable intelligence. This Symposium will provide the Intelligence Community, US military commands, government agencies, members of academia, and technology industry leaders the opportunity to explore ways to improve the way we utilize big data for intelligence and the steps we must take in the future to improve this process and maintain our operational advantage.
2019 Speakers Included:
- Russell “Russ” Travers
- Acting Director
- National Counterterrorism Center
- Dr. Brian Teeple
- CTO and CDO
- Department of Homeland Security
- Thomas Sasala
- Chief Data Officer
- US Navy
- MajGen Mark Wise, USMC
- DCG, MCCDC & ADC, CD&I
- Col Jeffrey Collins, USAF
- Chief Technology Innovation Officer
- NORAD, USNORTHCOM
- Maria Voreh
- Chief Data Officer
Why You Should Attend the Symposium:
Defense Strategies Institute’s 7th Annual Big Data for Intelligence Symposium will provide members of the Intelligence Community and the Department of Defense a forum to have an open discussion about the challenges and opportunities of turning vast amounts of raw data into actionable intelligence. This Symposium will provide the Intelligence Community, US military commands, government agencies, members of academia, and technology industry leaders the opportunity to explore ways to improve the way we utilize big data for intelligence.
Evolutions in technology have exponentially improved our data collection capabilities; now, the focus has shifted to our ability to securely store, retrieve, share, and analyze our data to create actionable intelligence while maximizing efficiency and security. The 2019 Symposium will address the technologies, policies, and frameworks currently in place to turn our big data into intelligence, as well as the steps we must take in the future to improve this process and maintain our operational advantage.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Symposiums’ content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in data science as well as key-policy makers across military and civilian offices. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all services and organizations to bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
*SUMMIT IS CLOSED TO THE PRESS/NO RECORDINGS*
Topics covered at the 2019 Symposium:
- -Transforming Big Data into an Intelligence Asset
- -Ensuring the DoD’s Operational Advantage through Data Modernization
- -Securing the Cloud: Protecting Cloud-Based Data from Malicious Actors
- -Automating Data Analysis at the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- -Operationalizing Data for the Airman
- -Developing a More Transparent and Efficient Data Strategy for the FBI
- -Leveraging Cloud Computing at FEMA
- -The Future of Data Science
Exhibit & Sponsorship Opportunities:
The 7th Annual Big Data for Intelligence Symposium provides opportunities including exhibit space, round table discussions, product demonstrations, and networking receptions. Download the Sponsorship and Exhibiting Prospectus here.
At Our Symposium You Will Have the Ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the most complex issues facing the DoD and Federal Government as it relates to leveraging big data for intelligence.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest big data priorities of interest to the DoD and Federal Government.
- Influence: Help foster ideas. Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. Our town hall format is your opportunity to address our speakers with questions or comments on the current mission
Operating Guidance For Government Attendees:
DSI’s Symposium directly supports DoD priorities by providing a conduit for officials to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department’s mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
DSI’s Symposium will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission.
The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.